Friday, February 26, 2016

Nice to meet you!

Hello fellow educators! My name is Beth, and I have spent the last four years teaching in Mississippi. I started out teaching 6th grade math and loved it. One of the things I learned while teaching, is that I really enjoyed helping other teachers create lessons and activities to get their students engaged. I also realized that teachers are not always given all the support they need to help students develop number sense. Because of that, I left the classroom and started providing professional development to math teachers around the state this school year.

I have shared resources with teachers I've met, and encouraged them to share with other educators they know. This word-of-mouth method has been great and created a network of educators around the state, but I decided that sending links one at a time wasn't the most efficient way to help spread good resources. Hence, this blog!

Most of the resources that I will be sharing will be math-related, but I do have resources that can be used across content areas. The resources will also span grade-levels. Feel free to share your own resources with me, and I'll get them shared with others.

I'm hoping this blog will be the beginning of a virtual Professional Learning Community, with everyone involved in getting better at Teachering!


No comments:

Post a Comment