Friday, February 26, 2016

Classroom Activities and Games

Part of Teachering is tricking kids into thinking they're playing a game, when all they're doing is classwork.

The first thing I'd like to share with y'all is a compilation of classroom activities and games. I've collected these over the past four years and put them into a Google Spreadsheet for easy access and reference. Some of these have come from internet searches, others have come from friends and family who are also teachers. I've linked to blogs and websites if that's where the information came from. Most of the examples are math-related, but the activities can be used across content areas and grade levels.

Some of these activities can be used in place of worksheets for independent practice. I've noticed that if students are doing something that involves movement or bright colors, they are more inclined to stay engaged. They tend to complete more independent practice problems than if I were to simply hand them a worksheet. Other activities are review games that can be done before a big unit test, or as a way to spiral review information.

If there is something you've tried in your classroom that has worked well, or something you've heard about that I don't have on my list, please send it my way and I'll add it! Please share this with anyone you know that is looking to change things up in their classroom!

Classroom Activities and Games

No comments:

Post a Comment